How’s it going? It’s been a while. Apologies.
I finally got my hands on a decent camera. I took a bunch of photos of food, and then realized I didn’t have the proper cord for moving the photos from the camera to my laptop. Don’t worry though! We found the right cord in my dad’s “cord drawer” in his office. If my paella instructions are a little fuzzy, it’s because I cooked it over a week ago. Good luck!
I’ve been meaning to make paella for a while now. Boyfriend is allergic to crustaceans (sad) so unfortunately this version only had chicken and chorizo, but it was still really satisfying. I chose to use arborio rice, but honestly it made the whole thing a little too gloopy. I would recommend trying a different rice.
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 chorizo sausages (the ones I used were fully cooked)
- a few chicken thighs
- 1 can of chicken stock
- 1 red bell pepper, juliened? long stringies please!
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- frozen peas and corn
- paprika to taste
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Brown your onions in a big pan – not too brown! Then brown the chopped up chicken and chorizo. Really toast that chorizo – the brown bits were the best part!
- Throw the garlic and the bell peppers in there. Don’t brown them, but let them cook a bit. Add the carrots too.
- Throw some paprika in there – get it a little toasty. Then toss the rice in, let it soak up all of the flavors of the spices and the chorizo.
- After the rice has mixed in for a minute, pour in the chicken broth. the rice should be swimming in it a little bit. Cover the pan and let cook until the rice is done (about 20 min) and most of the liquid has either boiled off or been absorbed. Throw in the peas and corn and let them defrost. Serve with some wine. Eat up!